CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR PREGNANCY!
You are making the right choice, seeking an expat doula that will support you on your quest to birth your way in The Netherlands.
Choosing a doula is a very personal decision. It is important to know your doula’s training, experiences, and professional attitude. Nevertheless, to make the right decision, it is essential to feel a deep connection with your doula.
As your doula, I cherish your cultural roots, I honor the uniqueness of your expat life situation and that of your family members. I am multilingual with being, among others, fluent in English and Dutch. I am not only your rock through pregnancy, birth, and beyond, I am also your listening ear. I provide you with what you need and I provide it to you in an unprejudiced and tailored manner, based on evidence-based knowledge. I strongly believe in the power of teamwork. Thus, expect me to be eager to meet your midwife, and/or gynecologist and to work with them closely. I commit to doing all that is in my power for your birth to become empowering and magical memory for a lifetime.
DOULA SERVICE IN GLANCE
When providing support during pregnancy, birth, and beyond you can expect my support to be based on HypnoBirthing ® The Mongan Method and Spinning Babies® principles.
- Minimum of 3 prenatal visits. Well, let’s be honest, I never stick to only 3. I provide tailored support, with me, there is no one-fits-all thing; I provide the support that fits you.
- One visit together with you at your chosen midwifery or gynecologist practice.
- Support with preparing your birthing preferences, aka birthing plan.
- My trained hands are always there to massage your tired back, or to stimulate acupressure points on your feet.
- You can always use TENS and a birthing pool i.e. Birth pool in a box for either one or two persons.
- Moxa and Rebozo
- Unlimited phone, email, and text support providing counseling and resources throughout your pregnancy until 6 weeks postpartum.
- 24/7 on-call between 38-42 weeks.
- Continuous support throughout your birth at home, hospital, or birthing center.
- Present up to 3 hours after your birth.
- Minimum of two postpartum visits.
- If there is no one around to prepare nourishing food in the first hours or days after the birth, count on me.
- Sprinkles of love, inspiration, love, hugs, warmth, positivity, and so much more are free of charge and always ready for you to be pampered.
PRICE: 1095 EUR
I am a member of the Dutch Doula Association (De Nederlandse Beroepsvereniging voor Doula’s). Meaning, depending on your insurance package, some insurance companies are likely to cover my support costs partially.
It is where we meet; it can be at the comfort of your home, cozy coffee place, at my house, or online via ZOOM. I will take the time to address all the important questions that you might have when choosing the right doula. Once you choose to be supported by me, we will schedule your first prenatal visits.
It is where space to deeply connect with me is created. Through relaxing talks, you will share your birthing preferences and together we will explore your options and define your birthing plan. Further, we will investigate thoroughly if there are any possible fears that could hinder your birthing journey. If fears are present I will be guiding you in learning how to overcome them. The cornerstone of my prenatal visits is educational, physical, and mental preparation. It means that you will leave prenatal visits feeling prepared and empowered for the birth of your child. Each of the sessions will take up to 1.5 hours and will be scheduled at a place and time of your convenience.
From week 38 to week 42, I will be on call for you, meaning I will be available in person, over the phone, by email, or by text 24/7. When the birthing starts, I will be in regular contact with you. And when you need me at your side, I will join you within a maximum of 1.5 h and stay with you up to 3 hrs, or as long needed after the birth. In each step, I will provide you with physical, emotional, and educational support so that you will stay relaxed, feeling comfortable, and confident through your birthing journey.
A few days after the birth, I will visit you to talk about your birthing experience and the feelings you are experiencing. If any questions arise, I will support you by connecting you to a suitable expert so your transition to parenthood will be confident and smooth. I will be available for you by phone, email, and text in the first 6 weeks after the birth. Our last appointment will take place about 6 weeks after your birth.